2014 will see the first season of our Futsal 6s competition. All games will be played out of our indoor centre north of Brisbane.
Futsal is a great way to keep your players fit and healthy as well as playing as a team during the off season.
Benefits of Playing Futsal
There are many benefits to futsal for youth development compared to traditional indoor and outdoor soccer. Here are just a few…..
- With the small court and lack of walls, players are constantly placed in demanding decision-making situations, requiring quick thinking, good ball control, precise passing, and creative solutions.
- Slide tackles and excessive bodily contact is forbidden in Futsal, resulting in fewer injuries.
- Smaller team sizes allow players to get more frequent touches on the ball and increased opportunities to score goals.
- Players are not just a defender or an attacker but a complete player resulting in a much better all-round understanding of the game.
- Futsal is a simple game and devoid of complex rules such as ‘off-side’
- Futsal is fast and exciting, providing an action packed game that keeps players physically active while having fun.
- Futsal is more than just being active and playing the game it is also about making friendships and building the community.